"The growth of understanding follows an ascending spiral rather than a straight line." ~Joanna Field

Friday, April 15, 2011

Movies, Movies, Movies

So I've been watching movies. A lot of them.

I tried to watch Sweeny Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street again, but the only version I could find was in French. Fuck French.

That's when I went on to eXistenZ. Then I watched The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. Which was an interesting concept, but kind sucked...

I watched Mrs. Doubtfire again yesterday, and I found a great example of being "in lesbians" with someone, as Scott Pilgrim put forth. The mother, Miranda, dislikes Daniel and the way he acts, but loves Mrs. Doubtfire for the things she does. But Mrs. Doubtfire is Daniel, just a different side of him. So while she may not be in love with Daniel, she is certainly in lesbians with her.
I don't know, it made more sense at the time.

I just finished watching Matilda for maybe the millionth time. I love that movie so much. But I can probably mark it as the beginning of my teacher obsession. Who wouldn't want to meet Ms. Honey?

Alas, the teacher thing will probably never pan out for me, (though I can hope~) but it is heartwarming to watch. Roald Dahl is an amazing mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment