"The growth of understanding follows an ascending spiral rather than a straight line." ~Joanna Field

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A more life-y update

As of the airing of this post (Which should be a Sunday, if I've set the advance thing right, and don't think of anything else to post between now and then) there will be three weeks until I head back to school.
As of the writing of this post, I am set to move in on the 4th of September.

Since I don't expect much of the life-changing nature to happen between now (last Sunday) and next (this) Sunday, I figure I'll make a post of what has happened since I left school in April. It's not much.

After exams my mum picked me up from residence. Long drive home, yeah. Once here I spent a few day relaxing, waiting for Queen's to tell me when they wanted me to start working. They didn't, so a week or so in I emailed, got some shifts, and the trudge of this summer began.

I had decided to come off my anti depressants in February, and was fully off them by the time I got home. Combine this with a bit of new-found confidence and self-esteem and a step-father who is... eh, less than all there, and we had problems.
We don't really get along well a lot of the time, through miscommunication and his abhorrence of being wrong. About anything. Ever.
Anyway, a few blow-ups later and things are kinda worked out on that front now. Sort of. As long as I don't say much.
Oh, and it didn't/doesn't help that every time I have an emotion other than cheerful I am told I am depressed and should go back on my meds. But whatevs, right?

I applied for OSAP later than I would have liked because, despite my nagging, my mum didn't remember/had no time to get the tax returns filled out. Yay.
That led to getting my fee deferral forms in at the last moment (Quite literally), raising panic and illness from stress in me.
Not to mention a $1000 fee from residences I overlooked.
But that's all worked out now too.

I saw my dad one weekend, and even got to see Lee and meet her new(not really, just haven't met him since she met him in January) boyfriend. Seems like a nice guy, I guess. Kinda hard to approve of someone in such oddball circumstances.

Upon coming home I was told I would be moving my room out of the basement as it would be becoming a spa for my mum to work out of.
My aunt was going to rent our family room once we made it into an apartment.
Then she was going to rent the basement, but we needed to put a bathroom in.
Then she decided to go move into a seniors apartment complex.
So we started the construction of the spa/clinic/massage therapy rooms in our family room.
There is now no one in the basement, as I moved upstairs in preparation for this kerfuffle.
Yay.

Work was/is boring and hot. I wake up every morning debating the worth of that extra $48 gross.
I missed a lot of work through illness, construction, transport issues and plain "idunwanna"s.
But I've still managed to make close to my goal for this summer.

Last weekend was the Verona Cattail Festival. It was also when a friend came down to Kingston. Brought one of her kids and her new(not really, just never met before) boyfriend (I see a trend here) from Australia. Nice guy for sure. Putting up with kids that aren't yours is a draining thing to do, and he seems to handle it well.

Now I'm practically counting the hours (not yet, though I am counting the days) until I can get back to my home port and be a bit freer to do things of interest.

I have been playing Minecraft (don't tell anyone, I'm still saving the money, so I'm being bad and illegal. Very soon though I will have the total and then I can stop the icky feeling in my gut) and reading. I should have a book review of one of the books up soonish.

Oh oh oh, and, a classmate contacted me about making some hats for her. She does baby (and probably other) photography and wanted cute newborn hats. So I have a bit of money coming my way from that, as well as a possible in to a market. If people ask her, they can buy sort-of through her. This could work out well. -nodnod-


I think that is all the excitement so far, but I have a week to add to this post (through the magic of delay~), and you'll never know the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment